Facts About Burnsville!
As we look forward to our move to Burnsville this year, enjoy these random facts about this suburb and the future community of Sovereign Grace Church!
- Conveniently located by two interstate highways: I-35W and I-35E
- Fifteen minutes from both international airports
- Fifteen minutes from both downtown St. Paul and Minneapolis, and the University of Minnesota
- 93% of businesses rate Burnsville's business climate as Good or Excellent
- Originally a rural Irish farming community, Burnsville became the tenth largest city in Minnesota in the 2000 Census following the construction of Interstate 35. Currently the ninth largest suburb in the metro area.
- Burnsville's downtown area is called Heart of the City with urban-style retail and condominiums.
- The name Burnsville is attributed to an early Irish settler and land-owner, William Byrne. His surname was recorded as "Burns" and was never corrected.
More in Sow and Grow Blog
August 17, 2018This Sunday at Sovereign Grace Church: August 19, 2018
August 6, 2018Redemption Hill Church Update
July 30, 2018Summer Book Recommendations: Non-Fiction